Here is our at a glance summary of the main current rates and limits in employment law:-
1. Limit on a week’s pay – £464.00 from the 6th April 2014.
2. Maximum unfair dismissal compensatory award – £76,574.00 from the 6th April 2014.
However please note that where the affective date of termination is on or after the 29th July 2013 that the maximum compensatory award is the lower of the statutory limit or 52 weeks’ actual gross pay at the time of dismissal. The statutory limit does not apply where the reason for unfair dismissal or redundancy selection was whistleblowing or carrying out health and safety activities.
3. Maximum statutory redundancy pay/unfair dismissal basic award – £13,920.00 from the 6th April 2014.
4. Minimum unfair dismissal basic award – £5,676.00.
This minimum only applies in dismissals for reasons of trade union membership or activities or acting as a health and safety representative, employee representative, workforce representative or pension scheme trustee.
5. Guarantee payment – £25.00 maximum each day and £125.00 maximum in any three month period. These rates are with effect from the 6th April 2014.
6. Maximum limit of compensation for failure to inform or consult over TUPE transfer – 13 weeks’ pay, but please note the statutory limit on a week’s pay does not apply.
7. Maximum limit on compensation for failure to inform or consult over collective redundancy – 90 days’ pay – but note the statutory limit on a week’s pay does not apply.
8. Maximum compensation for breach of contract claim in an employment tribunal – £25,000.00 with effect from the 6th April 2014.
9. Statutory maternity, paternity and adoption pay (prescribed rate) of £138.18 each week from the 6th April 2014.
10. Maternity allowance – £138.18 each week from the 7th April 2014.
11. Statutory sick pay – £87.55 per week from the 6th April 2014.
If you require any advice on any of these limits or rates or any employment related matters then please contact Daven Naghen on 01775 722261 or email email@example.com or visit our offices at 23 New Road Spalding Lincolnshire PE11 1DH.