Offences included within this fee are: no insurance, speeding, fail to provide ID of driver, using mobile phone whilst driving, careless driving and drink driving. For dealing with a guilty plea.
Fixed fee of £480 (including VAT but excluding disbursements)
This fee is made up of:
- Legal fees £400
- VAT on legal fees £80
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- Travel costs at 45p per mile and car park charges
* Fees are correct as of 4th December 2018
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £175 plus VAT per witness).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. 3 hours].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
These prices do not apply to a trial. Please telephone or email for a quote if you are pleading not guilty.
Daven Naghen is a Partner and has over 15 years experience of dealing with motoring cases having appeared in Courts throughout England.
Anita Toal is a Partner and has over 25 years experience of dealing with a wide range of motoring cases in a number of locations.