It is important to have a properly written Will in place in order to provide for your loved ones and not to cause them unnecessary stress at a very difficult time.
Our Property Protection Wills service offers a comprehensive service covering legal advice on the protection of a half share in any property that a couple own jointly form the payment of care home of fees.
If you are married or have a partner and want to make mirror Wills our cost are £450 (inclusive of VAT).
This fee is made up of:
- Legal fee £375
- VAT on legal fees £75
The Property Protection Will Service includes:
- Up to a 1 hour face to face consultation with a Solicitor or Legal Executive at our office
- Appointment of Executors
- Provision for your funeral wishes
- Appointment of Guardians for minor children
- Provision for specific legacies including money and personal items to named beneficiaries
- Checking the ownership of your home and advising on the severance of any joint tenancy
- Preparation of the notice of severance and registration at H M Land Registry
- Basic Inheritance Tax advice
- Advice with regard to the distribution of your residuary estate to your intended beneficiaries
- Draft Will with full explanation in plain English sent to you in the post
- Answering any queries you have on the draft Will
- Face to face meeting at our offices to sign the Will with a Solicitor or Legal Executive
- Registration with Certainty the National Wills Register
- Secure lifetime storage
This service does not include:
- Complex inheritance tax advice and planning
- Inclusion of complex trust structures such as discretionary trusts
- Assets that are situated abroad
- Advice with regard to disinheriting family members
If at our initial meeting it becomes apparent additional work will be needed we will inform you of the additional work required and confirm the additional costs.
* Fees correct as of 4th December 2018
How Long will my Matter Take?
On average it takes 4 - 8 weeks to complete your Will.
Jane Mawer is Head of the Private Client Department. She has over 15 years experience within this area of law.
Faye Blair is a Solicitor with over eight years experience within the department.
Jamie Dobbs is a Legal Executive. She is an integral member of the department and has extensive knowledge of this area of law having worked within the department for over 11 years.